Monday, September 2, 2013

Let the treatment begin!

Well sweet girls, it has begun!  To say that Mommy and Daddy were nervous this week, would probably be an understatement.  We had been going to countless doctor's appointments, having a ton of tests, all in preparation for this week.  We met on Monday to establish our definitive treatment plan (which in kid terms means how we are going to kick this cancer's butt).  We decided that I would have chemotherapy first, to shrink the tumor, before having surgery to remove all of it!  So I will have Adriamycin and Cytoxan every two weeks, for two months.  Then Taxol weekly for 12 rounds.  These nasty medications will get rid of all of the cells that makes up Mommy's body, good and bad (you'll learn all about that in Anatomy and Physiology in HS).  All you need to know for now is that it will get rid of all the cancer cells too.  Since the medicine attacks all of my cells, it will make Mommy's hair fall out and will make me feel really tired.  The doctors say I will need to nap and rest a lot.

And so far, all mommy is feeling is tired.  I feel a little ''eurpy" from time to time but nothing that some medicine can't take care of.  I have taken naps every day but have still been able to do normal life.  I have given you both baths, I washed dishes, and did laundry.  We've gone to family and friends homes this weekend, I went grocery shopping, and have even read you books at night.  Most people would LOVE to get out of these chores, but all of these things make Mommy feel normal.  Keeping our daily routine makes me feel like we haven't had a huge disruption in our lives.

I must brag on you girls for a minute...you both have done amazingly well.  You have been understanding when I didn't feel like going to the HS football game and have played quietly when I needed to nap.  You are the reasons that Mommy and Daddy are fighting this with everything in our power.  I pray daily that God will provide you understanding and will place peace in your sweet hearts--and He has been answering ALL of our prayers in a BIG way!  We all have placed our absolute trust in Him and we know that He plans to completely heal me.  The picture below is of Taylor's diary entry (which she gave me permission to post).


My heart is swollen with pride--and love and admiration.  I have no words.  I am already seeing the ''good'' that is coming from my diagnosis.  And I love you both like 1,000 times more....

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Praying that all of your treatments go well and that you continue to get to do your normal stuff. I love Taylor's diary entry. She is a beautiful girl inside and out. Lots of Love from your Iowa family.

    ReplyDelete